Right now I work at ThoughtWorks. It doesn't suck.
Before that was a very long time ago, so I'll leave you to my resume to figure it out.
- Stickler about things that matter. Like: code quality; testing; monitoring; and accountability.
- At the moment I'm strongest in distributed systems running in the JVM, particularly the parts built using Spring, Java, Kotlin, and/or Clojure.
- A good knowledge of Linux, CI, CD, and all that comes with the territory.
- Things that deal with unstructured text.
- Computing with numbers. Preferably lots of them.
- Visualizing and presenting information.
- Organizing things (either automatically, or not).
I studied Math and Comp Sci (with a large course load in Russian language) at Tufts (outside of lovely Baahston), then got my M.S. in Comp Sci (with a large load of Linguistics coursework - because I specialized in Computational Linguistics), at Ohio State in Columbus.
Now I live in Boulder, which I'd been visiting for years and years prior - finally decided it was time to just move, already.
For a number of years, I lived in Brussels, Belgium. Those were formative years.
I was born and raised in Oregon. I mean, before that whole Brussels escapade.
I also lived in Costa Rica (near San José, not at the beach or anything …) for a Load of Years.